"I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment... and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulet I could have worn." -Thoreau

Friday, July 29, 2011

The Beginning

The beginning of what, exactly? Of this blog? What significance does this blog (yet empty and alone) hold?

Perhaps these blogs will give rise to epic poems, enchanting tales of fairy creatures, profound historical insights, psychological revolutions, or intricate philosophical conundrums.
Perhaps not.
Perhaps you will find little more than the scrambled thoughts and far-fetched dreams of a young girl-lady-woman. I warn you there is likely a great deal of folly to be found, and yet... and yet there may be something worthwhile unwittingly tucked between lines.

Expect sentiment, romance, confusion, insecurity, impatience, bitterness, hope, wonder... Expect everything and nothing. Your humble authoress is a small figure filled with jumbled thoughts, dark fears, and rose-tinted dreams; that is to say, she is a human being of the typical variety. So bear with me.

It seems silly, in a way, to hail a new beginning. One must acknowledge that the journey has already been underway. Time, space, life- all bleeds together, flows together... but we do our best to put up small signs marking beginnings and turning points.

Here is one such sign.

Happy travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment